Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Path

These are lyrics to a song I wrote tonight titled, "The Path". They go to a sort of deep, pop punk tune. It is pretty short and probably to be further worked upon.


The Path --The Painted Grin

"When I was just a little boy
I shot my dad in the back.
I thought the pistol was a toy
Oh but now I know better.

Yea in my youth I was a killer
With a boyish smile, pale as winter.

When I was only six years old
I slapped my mom cross her face.
Now I just do what I'm told
And wonder if there's something better.

Oh somehow I know there is.
Somewhere beyond my window.

As I walked home the other day.
I killed five hundred people.
I wish they hadn't walked my way
Yea well they should have known better.

Oh I'm a raging psychopath.
With eyes of starving crimson.

So if you see me run away."

No comments:

Post a Comment