Monday, March 21, 2011

The Creature

painted rows of rivalry
I'm wrapped in emerald sheets
the watchman stops and sings a tune
arrives his riots bride in blue
my arms around the oracle,
the Creature bathed in time.

sincere and hallowed, blazing eyes
tuned to catch the western wind
white ears to hear the summer rain
black bark to scare the sun away
and blue and gray his helpless feast
the Creature out of mind.

envision sallow tainted teeth
tumultuous the terrors rise
my eyes caught up in silver
and no ear of mine can hear her
a fact that does not hinder
the Creature's carmine smile.

the beads spilled out now fill the night
mooring hate to hardened times
while difference fans the shrieking flames
kicking Rome to drop her reigns
again I kneel all bound and beaten
the Creature stands to greet me.

and through my pain and grievance
with crowns of eager eyes
the knowledge flows into my soul
that keeps me young while I am old
it ceases all the warring ants
it cries for fear of fallen man
the Creature avows my freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment